Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Ataraxia, Aponia, Euthymia (Αταραξία, Απονία, Ευθυμία)
Ataraxia, Aponia, Euthymia (Αταραξία, Απονία, Ευθυμία)

Ataraxia, Aponia, Euthymia (Αταραξία, Απονία, Ευθυμία)

Franc68Lorient Montaner

-From my text on the Logos (The Word)

Ataraxia is the serenity of the mind. Upon reaching this state of being, we obtain the liberation from our mental burdens and discover inner peace with our thoughts.

Aponia is the serenity of the body. Upon reaching this state of being, we obtain the physical fortitude to overcome our weakness and release the pains of our suffering.

Euthymia is the serenity of the soul. Upon reaching this state of being, we obtain the conscious awareness that guides our path and fulfils the nature of our happiness.

These three states of serenity in the philosophy of Meleticism represent in their concept and meaning, the acknowledgement of the importance of the mind, body and soul. Life teaches us to expect certain hardships and to prepare ourselves for these hardships, but it is incumbent upon us to learn about how to cope with them effectively. We must accept that suffering, pain, depression and other encumbrances form a natural part of the process of life, just as eudaimonia or happiness does as well. Once we realise that life is about suffering and happiness, then we can perceive these fundamental states of serenity in their conception. These three states of serenity are not eternal and perfect in their known essence. They serve the purpose only of allowing our mind, body and soul the attainment of the state of complete harmony.

To embrace these particular forms of serenity, we must begin by believing that our suffering is not conditioned to our happiness. Nor is our happiness a hostage to our suffering. Nature is our comfort and it is the sanctuary to our serenity. Being one with nature is being one with the mind, body and soul. Being one within this connection is being one with the Enas. Our will is the fortress that shelters us, and our enlightenment is the peace that rids us of the unnecessary suffering. Life is full of many lessons to learn and experiences to endure, yet it is the seed of wisdom that teaches us the path to enlightenment. When we release our suffering, we are no longer a slave to our irrationality. We become one with our mind, body and soul, and through ataraxia, aponia and euthymia, we are whole in our nature. It is nature that purifies the soul, virtues that purify the body and the nous that purifies the mind.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Franc68
Lorient Montaner
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
5 Aug, 2024
Words
400
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
81

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.