Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Enlightenment (Διαφώτιση)
Enlightenment (Διαφώτιση)

Enlightenment (Διαφώτιση)

Franc68Lorient Montaner

-From my text on the Logos (The Word).

The eight relinquishments to reach enlightenment in the philosophy of Meleticism.

Relinquish the ego.
-It means that we no longer are an unwilling hostage to its power and influence.

Relinquish excessive materialism.
-It means that we do not covet the things that blind us foolishly with greed.

Relinquish unnecessary desires.
-It means that we do not succumb to the pleasures that lead us astray in our lives.

Relinquish obsessive vices.
-It means that we should not concede to the whims that corrupt our virtues.

Relinquish impassioned envy.
-It means that we should not yearn to possess the things that cause us to falter into immorality.

Relinquish impulsive anger.
-It means that we cannot sustain the irrationality that disrupts our equanimity.

Relinquish burdened guilt.
-It means that we cannot strive for the happiness that we seek, if we do not free ourselves from suffering.

Relinquish the past.
-It means that we must overcome the episodes of life that we retain and prevent our liberation.

These relinquishments allow a person to reach the highest level of enlightenment. They are also conducive to the path of enlightenment which is the rheuma rhei. If we are to obtain this path, we must first relinquish the things that hinder us from the acquirement of wisdom. What we gain from its wisdom is an inherent knowledge that only can be understood as being enlightenment. The foundation of our philosophy must have a purpose and meaning for its fundamental thoughts. Enlightenment in itself transcends the boundaries of the body and reaches the stream of consciousness that only the mind could elevate to that awareness. Perception is just as relevant as comprehension. If we are to enlighten our minds, we must begin with consciousness. We are born with innate and certain endowed qualities that embue our knowledge and endue our wisdom.


No one is less intelligent in this world by ignorance, and no one is wiser in this world by only knowledge. We are what knowledge we have learnt and we shall be what wisdom we have obtained. To realise the signs of clarity, we must comprehend the meaning and worth of our knowledge. Where do we find our ultimate truth? In the conscience, where our self lies. Enlightenment is not a perfection that we strive for, but the true acceptance of our imperfections. What is enlightenment, if we do not exercise our mind daily? It is a process that lasts a lifetime. Whomsoever attains the meaning of something will ultimately understand the relevance of its signification. We should impart philosophy with the truth that we have sowed the seeds of wisdom and reaped the knowledge of enlightenment.

To be sceptical is to be human, but to understand the essence of something, we must first become knowledgeable and conscious of that essence in its original form. Enlightenment is not meant to be a challenge that we cannot overcome, nor a task that we cannot effectuate. What must be said about enlightenment is that it is the vehicle to self-expression and self-reliance. It is analogous to a stream of water. It has currents that flow inwardly or outwardly. Thus, is the elemental form of enlightenment. It is like those currents that flow. The stream is the mind and the currents are our thoughts. The stream could have ripples, but those unique ripples are like uncertainties in our lives. It is important that we find the centre of our inner self, so that we can find an effective balance in our minds.

When we are centred, we are in no extremes. It is not good for the mind, body and self to be excessively in the good or bad. We must be aware that we should be in the middle, where our conscience should firmly be. Enlightenment is like the drops of water from a fountain. We can hear the drops and know their source, but it is not until we perceive the harmony that occurs, when the water and fountain connect. Thus, is the case with the mind and consciousness. The water is consciousness and the mind the fountain. Like a seed of a flower in spring with the nourishment of nature, it will blossom into its full maturation. The seed is our thought, and the maturation of the flower is enlightenment. Nothing is special about this process, except the awareness of its occurrence. Nature allows us to see and perceive the manifestation of its beauty. Enlightenment is the metaphysical purity of the One, which is the Enas.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Franc68
Lorient Montaner
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
16 Aug, 2024
Words
757
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
104

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.